Job discipline: Technology Management
Job type: Contract (Consulting)
Location: Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Compensation: Market Rate
This is a long term consulting opportunity with our direct client in Woodcliff Lake, NJ for a Release Management Consultant.
The CI/RM is a key role in Agile software responsible for managing the team responsible for the planning, design, build, configuration and testing of all software to create the release package for the delivery of, or changes to, the designated services. You will own the entire Release Management lifecycle. The program focuses on the required synergy between people, process and technology to deliver and maintain services which meet company business needs.
Must have significant experience Release Configuration Management in a Continuous Integration Environment.
The successful candidate will be considered a subject-matter expert in Release Management, DEVOPs and SCRUM methodology. Candidate must be an effective communicator with strong leadership skills, have excellent logic and problem solving skills and a drive to make a difference.
SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework is a plus)
Liaison & Communication
· Own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, software updates/patches, security improvements, Projects and Programs.
· Where necessary provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
· Implement and manage release processes for code through development, test, and production environments
· Work collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments.
· Liaise with project leads/managers/ScrumMasters, quality assurance, operations groups and other key stakeholders on the release and delivery progress, issues and improvements.
· Work with IT management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments
· Lead the effort of defining the IT strategic direction for release management tools for IT to ensure the process requirements of release management are built in.
· Assist in managing projects and interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence,
· Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
· Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
· Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
· Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
· Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
· Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
· Four-year college diploma or university degree in computer systems design or computer science, and/or 10 years equivalent work experience
· Thorough understanding of Release Management methodology, values, practices and procedures.
· Deep understanding of Agile principles and DEVOPS
· Familiarity with Microsoft and software development
· Experience with Microsoft TFS / Visual Studio Team Systems
· Ability to understand technical issues and identify the means to resolving them
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
· Creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
· Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines
· Collaborative in driving decisions.
· Ability to coach the team to reach their highest potential
· Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types.
· Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
Experience with Agile transformation in an organization
Experience working with large programs that use multiple Agile teams
Hands on experience with tools like Jenkins, Codefresh or other CI tools
Experience with transformation from traditional release methods to current CI methods