This is a long term consulting opportunity with our direct client in Montvale, NJ for an IT Infrastructure Delivery Lead. The right candidate will have 10 years of Infrastructure experience, including managerial exp. Background should include Troubleshooting, Network Support and Administration, SME with all things network – F5 Load balancers, Palo Alto and Cisco. International travel to Amsterdam is likely for this role.
The Infrastructure delivery team is a group of technical Infrastructure subject matter experts that assist with infrastructure service design and transition, providing advice and assisting with hosting and infrastructure designs, deployments, build and configuration. A delivery specialist who is familiar with all hosting and infrastructure complexities will deliver with our supplier’s solutions and configurations that are in compliance with KPMG security requirements.
The Subject matter experts support the development and deployment of new solutions and the transformation of current business solutions to future-state hosting. The service include subject matter expertise on primarily messaging technologies, but also: - Cloud and Data Center Infrastructures - Identity management - Unified Communications - End-user computing – Core infrastructure services - Networks – Publishing of applications.
Delivery resources will be assigned as technical lead or Infrastructure coordinator to projects and/or to changes to existing applications. The infrastructure lead is the primary point of contact for all infrastructure related project activities.
The Delivery Lead understand the application architecture and its logical flow in relation to the architecture components. This role is to translate an Architecture into a technical implementation design.
On projects, working with Vendors, Business Analysts, Product/Application/Service Owners, functional and geographic business teams, vendors and IT organizations you will provide technical leadership and management through-out requirements gathering phases; Coach and be responsible for translating business and functional requirements (Use cases and business process models) into detailed technical designs.
Accountabilities, Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Accountable: Lead technical designs, manage and provide technical subject matter expertise to projects and support and for Global Application owners
- Responsible: Align and translate business requirements and architecture into solutions and designs for applications and products that can be leveraged by all professional in all member firms
- Accountable: Provide end-to-end management of the deployment of existing and new infrastructure into the global datacenters.
- Responsible; Act as subject matter expert on infrastructure technologies within the KPMG Global and Regional Datacenters, Cloud and Global Network and collaborate with member firms in global technology programs.
- Coach peers, team members and facilitate knowledge transfer within the Global Infrastructure group, ITS Global organization and member firm subject matter experts if required
- Responsible: Plan and deliver continuous improvement for infrastructure services with service reviews
- Lead, develop and/or contribute to infrastructure Service deliverables including:
- Design, Configuration and Deployment Guides
- Admin, monitoring, troubleshooting solutions and guides and handover to operations
- Development and Deployment Guides
- Technology Standards
- Undertake research and author Position Papers
- Product Evaluation, Analysis, and Proofs-of-Concept
- Providing measurement and reporting capabilities and information on capacity in conjunction with IT Operations, application owners and outsourced partners
- Delivery of work through Outsourcing Partners, ensuring that work is delivered on-time, with the right quality and to KPMG technology Standards
- Participate and act as a promoter and Guardian of Global Standards and standard infrastructure services and solutions;
- Responsible for understanding and maintenance of Infrastructure market and technical knowledge and ensure that service offerings from supplier remain in line with best practices
- Partner with Global Application, product owners, and projects to deliver a reliable and scalable infrastructure plus identifying actions necessary to improve performance, functionality and availability
- Liaise closely with the infrastructure operation team and product lines in the development of services and operational activities
- Liaise with Regional Delivery Centers infrastructure teams on developing appropriate deployment strategies and new service to ensure that services continue to meet business needs
- Participate in vendor selection, acquisition, negotiations and contract maintenance;
- Designing services that are operable and contribute to operational steady state and ensure high quality continuously available Managed Services.
- Being the infrastructure technology escalation point of contact for infrastructure operations. Lead and / or facilitate critical incident escalation activities where required.
- Provide budgetary information to projects for services
- Management and Competencies
- Able to clearly articulate importance and expectations regarding delivery work and results, time effort and timelines to projects and work relations.
- Understand importance of seeking personal and technical feedback to further improve deliverables in project, improve services and to determine personal development plan.
- Ability to breakdown work into clearly identified and measurable tasks.
- Demonstrate ability to lead technical discussions in a constructive way with clear goals, deliverables and with documented agreements and follow up actions.
- Build constructive working relations across the different teams, functions, cultures, genders and demonstrate KPMG behaviors and value.
- Consult and escalate project or operational issues and challenges beyond his/her own experience or skillset.
- Demonstrate, deliver and promote high quality work and risk management across the organization.
- Communicate the value of learning from mistakes in order to improve quality and operational steady state.
- Ability to display excellent operational analytic incident troubleshooting leadership skills
- Promotes cross functional and cross border IT team working and networking to utilize Global network knowledge, specialism and experience.
- Capable of strategic thinking and of moving strategic plans into action
- Coach and mentor peers and team members, facilitate knowledge transfer within the Global Infrastructure group and strategically develop team members skills
- Attention to detail and pride in well-presented and accurate work.
- A get the job done mentality even if it requires putting in time outside office hours
- In depth 10+ years experience with Infrastructure enterprise technologies such as network components Lan and Wan, datacenter technologies, storage and servers, cloud, authentication solutions and virtualization solutions, network protocols and routing and network components and deployment technologies.
- Excellent technical working knowledge of firewall, load balancer, firewall and proxy technologies such as Layer 7 , Squid, F5, Checkpoint, Bluecoat, Juniper, Cisco, HP, Cisco. Certificates and PKI
- Additional technical skill
- Strong understanding of technology architecture in an enterprise environment
- Knowledge of authentication technologies such as LDAP, Certificates, ADFS, Kerberos, Virtual Directories and Active Directory user and policy management
- Knowledge of with Azure, Office 365, Windows Server, Microsoft Internet Information Server, SQL Server, SharePoint Server, Office, Active Directory, SAML, OAuth,
- Strong PowerShell scripting skills.
- Familiarity with virtualization solutions, storage offerings such as 3Par, EMC and NetApp, network equipment.
Technical Skills & Qualifications
Education / Academics
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university in Computer Science or related field
- Professional IT Qualifications in related products (CCNA, MCSE, MCP, CCIE …)
- ITIL Foundation
- PMP / Prince 2 certification is a pro